Bodrum is a heavenly town located in south-western corner of Turkey, at the Aegean sea-side. It is one of the most popular resorts in Turkey as well as a city with rich history: it was established by Dorians in 11th century BC and held a name of Halicarnassus. Moreover, a great Greek philosopher Herodot was born here, and one of the 7 Wonders of the world, Mausoleum at Halicarnassus, is located here in Bodrum.
Places to see in Bodrum:
- Bodrum Castle – the most significant architectural element of the city
- The remnants of Mausoleum at Halicarnassus
- The Antique Theater built in 5th century BC
- Myndos Gate, the only saved part of the antique city wall
- Bodrum Museum of Underwater Archaeology
Apart of all the touristic destinations we claim that Bodrum is a perfect place to live in: the weather here is very soft and it is about 30-35 C in the summertime. Besides, Aegean see is warm and kind, and it suites perfectly for the beach holiday. What is more, the city possesses an incomparable and unforgettable landscape created by small white & blue building situated all over Bodrum hills and drowned in the greenery.